Monday 20 October 2014

Giovanni Eco Chic Hair Care: Tea Tree Triple Treat Invigorating shampoo, conditioner and direct leave-in weightless moisture conditioner 250ml review

I came across the Giovanni brand on YouTube; following the beginning of my research I was really desperate to find a sulphate and paraben free shampoo. As soon as I found out about the effects of sulphate and parabens I quickly reviewed the ingredients in ALL the haircare products I had and to my horror I found that all my shampoos and conditioners contained sulphates!  So yes, the search was on to find a hair-friendly shampoo and conditioner, I was concerned with how much an organic shampoo and conditioner would be as I was so used to picking up mine from local superdrug! Listening to the reviews Giovanni quickly became my first choice and I began researching online where I could find it. I know that they sell it in Holland and Barrett’s now however, at the beginning of my journey they didn’t. Holland and Barrett currently sell Giovanni shampoo and conditioners for £7.99, they don’t however currently sell the tea tree triple threat shampoo and conditioner- which is a shame. In other news there are plenty of online shops that do! I bought mine on a site called skin nutrition. Which is a site for organic beauty products and natural skin care. They also sell 250ml Giovanni shampoos and conditioners for £7.99 however, they are currently having a 20% off special offer, which makes all the 3 products reviewing product £6.39 each (This offer has been on since I first purchased my Giovanni products in December 2013!- winning) Plus they have free postage on all UK orders over £10- amaaazing!


A bit about the Giovanni brand…” It was one of the first “natural” salon hair care products and today is the #1 selling Natural Hair Care brand in the United States natural products industry. Giovanni Cosmetics remains a family owned company, committed to creating only the purest formulations, packaged in aesthetically beautiful bottles and marketed with extraordinary visuals and graphics. Their products consist of only the most carefully selected blends of vitamins, minerals, nutrients, herbs and oils. These unique products contain no parabens, sodium lauryl/laureth sulfate or animal by-products. Their products are 100% vegetarian, cruelty-free, never tested on animals, pH Balanced, no dyes and biodegradable formulas with recyclable packaging. The range consists of shampoos, conditioners, repairing treatments, styling, finishing products, and body and skin care products.” (Reference: http://www.giovannicosmetics.com/)

So before I review I need to let you guys know how long these products have lasted me! So I co-wash my hair every week and shampoo my hair once or twice a month. I also use the leave in conditioner about twice a week. I have had these three products since the end of December 2013 and they are only just finishing now!! Although I did from have a 2 month break from the products I think that is pretty amaze!


Pros: Tea Tree Triple Treat Invigorating Shampoo, conditioner

  • A small amount goes a long way: So when I first saw that it was £7.99 for a 250ml shampoo/conditioner I was shocked. The drugstore brands are usually 500ml and cheaper! So I started by not using a lot of product to save having to re-buy the products often! It worked wonders! It lathers very well and very quickly despite it having no sodium lauryl/laureth sulphate (winning again)
  • The shampoo leaves my scalp feeling fresh and clean
  • The tingly feeling from the tea tree-you can literally feel it working!
  • It leaves my hair feeling quite soft and supple
  • Great smell (if you like the smell of tea tree
  •  Design  is simple and cool, it’s also a great shape and fits easily into bags.


Cons: Tea Tree Triple Treat Invigorating Shampoo, conditioner:
  •          Conditioner is not deep conditioning




Pros: direct leave-in weightless moisture conditioner:
  • Very lightweight- doesn’t leave hair feeling greasy or weighed down as the title rightly suggests
  • This product mixed/ sealed with an essential oil makes a great moisturiser for those with Afro-Caribbean hair
  • With this product a little goes a long way too
  • Great product to use for detangling as it provides a great slip
  • Doesn't leave any white residue if used correctly (as in not putting on heaps)


Cons: direct leave-in weightless moisture conditioner:
  •         It's not deep-conditioning




Overall I’m really impressed the 3 Giovanni products and would thoroughly recommend them! Obviously I am comparing it to my previous sulphate brands however I am yet to compare it to other organic brands. I will be trying out other natural hair care products and reviewing them very soon!


#organicbeautyjourney #obj

Lots of Love,

xoxo

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Verified Beauty. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig