Tuesday 10 November 2015

The Triple T: Introducing the Turmeric Tamarind Tonic



WHAT IS A TONIC?
Anything that enlivens or strengthens. An invigorating, refreshing, or restorative agent or influence. A classification of herbs proven to target a multitude of systems aimed at increasing overall vitality and longevity.

TURMERIC TAMARIND TONIC
The tonic is a herbal healing drink from Indonesia, known locally as jamu. Jamu is the Indonesian system of traditional medicine. A daily glass of jamu is used by Indonesians of all ages for its purifying, healing and beautifying powers. It's made in small batches for maximum freshness and taste, using native south-east Asian herbs and spices that are freshly ground and brewed to fully activate their nourishing properties, producing a vibrant gold liquid.

NATIVE INGREDIENTS 
We use herbs and spices because there’s more to healthy than just fruit and veg. Not only do they add flavour and depth to our food, but they also contain many medicinal properties to help maintain whole body health and happy digestion. All our spices and ingredients are fresh - never dried. 

HOW TO USE
Drink it neat first thing in the morning. A shot or more. Or on the rocks with a squeeze of lemon to restore your natural energy throughout the day. There are 4 50ml servings in each bottle. 


When I first heard about the Turmeric tamarind on the content-beauty instagram page it immediately caught my attention, I'm a huge fan of turmeric and it's fantastic benefits. When I also read that the maker of this tonic was was holding a tasting session that weekend, I knew I had to be there. I was quite apprehensive about what the tonic was going to taste like when I arrived at the content beauty store. Lets be honest the benefits of this drink are amazing so surely it couldn't taste great as well, right? The lovely maker did exactly as it says on their website and gave me a shot of the tonic and to my surprise it was actually pleasant, my first thought was oh my gosh this tastes like Asian food (it really took me back to my trip to south-east asia *dreams*). It was a pleasure to talk to the maker as well who was inspired by her trip to Indonesia and spending time with the locals. I loved her passion for the drink, which really showed! 

I managed to get myself a free bottle being one of the first customers to come in to try the tonic, although the price of the tonic on that day was £5. So my tonic and I went home ready to start a new week together. The tonic is made in small batches so the quality is preserved and a bottle lasts for up to seven days (if stored in the fridge) so you can get the potency of all the ingredients. I did as instructed and took a shot in the morning and the evening (except on the occasions when I forgot!). It was a great light shot to start my mornings with although the taste was quite strong first thing in the morning! Like I said early it tasted like a good meal and connotations of yummy Asian food flowed through my thoughts. Not great in the AM when you're about to eat your not-so-exotic porridge! But yes, I had a great week with my Turmeric Tamarind but as with anything you need to be taking it in consistently in order to see the full effect! I would definitely repurchase and incorporate it in my diet! As of now the tonic is available at Daylesford Notting HillDaylesford Pimlico26 GrainsCounter AlbionTioskDruid St Market oooh and also "As nature intended" in Marble Arch!

Go and give it a try!

XO Verified Beauty

Oh yes and here is a recipe for you lovely people...


Chai spiced turmeric tamarind milk.
Ingredients:
  • 1 bottle of Turmeric Tamarind Tonic
  • ½ Cinnamon Pod
  • 1 Green Cardamom
  • 2 Cloves
  • 1 Star Anise
  • 100ml Coconut Milk (or other milk of choice)
Method:
  1. Empty our tonic into a saucepan, add the cinnamon pod, cardamom, star anise and cloves and warm gently.
  2. Once warm, add the milk, and pour into a large mug.
  3. Enjoy it warm!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Verified Beauty. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig