Tuesday 3 November 2015

Tuesday Ten: Winter beauty secrets




So winter is creeping up on us here in London! so I think it's time to share 10 beauty secrets that I'm fiercely facing winter with. Winter for me is a season of dry skin although I have combination skin when it come to winter my skin get very dry and dull. So to get the glow in winter here goes..

1. Facial steamers! I absolutely love steaming my face, it is great for opening up your pores for deep cleaning and retaining moisture in the skin!

2. Adding a dime size of coconut oil to my facial and body moisturiser leaves my skin feeling loveable.

3. Beauty Oils! So beauty oils are on a rise and what better season to use them than winter #getthatglow. I use Tamanu oil which my skin is loving at the moment, rosehip oil is also great if you don't have acne prone skin. You will wake up glowing with added skin and health benefits too!

4. Lip Scrubs. The skin on the lip is very sensitive which means it is prone to drying to keep it clean, moisturised and to get rid of that dead skin use a simple lip scrub consisting of honey, sugar, lemon and almond oil.

5. Body scrubbing and body brushing! Again get that dead skin off your body and leave it feeling silky smooth

6. Facial masks! Give your face that extra TLC by adding a face mask to your regimen at least once a week. My favourite one to use all year round is: gram flour, turmeric, almond oil and milk!

7. Avoiding very drying base primers unless your skin is super oily as it can end up making your make-up look very cakey.

8. Look after you hands and feet. Winter can be really harsh on your hands and feet so don't forget them. Make sure you have time in your beauty regimen especially dedicated to your hands and feet.

9. Always carry around hand cream! I hate the dry hand feeling and I'm sure you do too!

10. Last but not least, your nails! I use a nail strengthening varnish, in order to get that double strength I rub a little coconut oil on my nail before adding a full coat of nail strengthener!


XO Verified Beauty




Photo credits: Tumblr, Jan Bainar

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Verified Beauty. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig