Wednesday 16 December 2015

Product Review: Cover FX Natural Finish Oil-Free Foundation 30ml (N100), Cover FX cream concealer 10ml (N-X deep) & Matte Setting Powder (dark)

My search for non-toxic make-up continues and can I just say it's been a difficult one! I first came across the Cover FX brand when my friend tried it and it looked flawless on her! I'd been meaning to look for new make up especially as the one that I currently use has toxic ingredients, I've just been procrastinating from the whole thing because I was really comfortable with my foundation; the colour and the coverage was perfect for me! Anyway, so I finally made my mind up to try it, I trotted off to House of Fraser really excited to be starting this new journey (I've been using the same foundation for 5 years now!).

I got the make-up artist at the counter to test different shades on me and voilĂ  we found the best shade for my skin- it was between a slightly lighter (N100) and slightly darker shade so I went for the lighter one as that brightened up my face and it served as the perfect base. I got matched for their concealer too and we found one so everything seemed to be running smoothly! I also asked for a finishing powder. After a while of looking in different mirrors and at different angles, I was happy with the products and went to the cashier to pay for them- school boy error! I really don’t know what I was thinking and this is not how you buy foundation; always, always, always ask for samples! I cannot stress that enough. Take it home and have a deeper look. Anyway, happy with my purchase at the time I took it home and started my journey.


Cover FX Natural Finish Oil-Free Foundation 30ml, Colour: N100


Cover FX cream concealer 10ml Colour: N-X deep



Matte Setting Powder. Colour: dark

Overall, to cut a long story short I used the foundation and concealer combo about 7 times and I wasn't happy with it. I didn't like how it looked on my skin personally. Let’s start with the pros…

PROs:
  • Great brand values
  • Vegan and cruelty free
  • Great for sensitive skin
  • Free of the Inflammatory 5: parabens, fragrance, gluten, mineral oil and talc.
  • Great colour range with 31 available and different options for black skin tones
  • Blends well into the skin

CONs:  
  • Didn't like the finish of the foundation and the concealer, it was way too oily and shiny finish for me (even though it is Natural Finish Oil-Free Foundation)
  • When I tried to blot it all with the finishing powder, it didn’t work very well
  • Wasn’t very long lasting, my make-up looked patchy after 5/6 hours

Great brand however, not a good pick for my skin and I didn't like the finish, so it’s back to the drawing board! This was my skin’s experience of it, so it may not be the same for yours. One thing that has been reiterated from this experience is to find out what looks best and works for you. Just because it looks great on the make-up artist on Instagram doesn't mean that it’s the best fit for you so really think before you buy! I was very quick to buy on this occasion which is very out of character; I think it’s because of all the great benefits of the foundation.


Cover FX was created and founded as an Ontario Corporation in 2000. It was created based on the need for products that would offer therapeutic benefits and environmental protection while being free of all irritants and suitable for even the most sensitive skin.


#Know your brands

Let me know if you have any question.



XO Verified Bueaty
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Verified Beauty. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig